timeline

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

countdowns

Craig Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary

Monday, December 29, 2008

My Best Friend

I don't do this blog thing very often so when I do I feel it is for a special reason. Tonight I have one of the best reasons ever...my longest and best friend (besides my wife of course). This is him and his wonderful family:Baby Jack, Elizabeth, Megan, and Adam Johanson. When I was about 10 years old I decided to become friends with this tiny little nerd that lived in my ward. I never could have imagined how his friendship and example would shape and affect my life growing up and even now, when he is hundreds of miles away, in the middle of No Where Ville, and we speak to each other but a few times a year. But with all that my heart is touched today by what this man and his family have gone through and who they are tonight.

If you would like to know what I am talking about please visit their blog at http://aejohanson.wordpress.com/
Start with a block entitled "Baby Jack Alexander Johanson" posted November 19, 2008. This is a story about Baby Jack. But there is so much more spirit and meaning behind the story that gives inspiration to my life from a true leader in this world. I will let you know ahead of time this is not a happy story. Marilene and I have spent our time weaping tonight because of the end of the story. However, if you do read it you will gain much more then sadness for the Johanson Family. You will gain a happiness to have shared this story with them. You will rejoice in the fact that people of God do live on this Earth and they are here to help and guide us in our troubled times.

Adam and Liz and little beautiful Megan we love you so so very much. I am where I am today because you live wonderful lives and influence me still today. You are a choice people and you will be blessed with that little angel by your side forevermore.

4 comments:

Janice said...

Trevor and Marilene,
Thank you for your words of kindness. You are right about Adam's strength and their great eternal family. We have always appreciated your friendship with him too. Love, Sister Jo

Unknown said...

Trevor,

I am grateful for your kind words. Thank you for supporting and grieving with our little family.

Cyndi said...

I have only just now been able to read everything from start to finish. I didn't want to write from beginning to end because of course we know that it isn't the end. Tears stream down my face as I read and reread yours and the Johanson's blogs. What a tremendous time for them to go through and what a sweet spirit I see from my "little" brother. Thank you for sharing those sweet words. I love you!

Elizabeth J. said...

Trevor, Adam and I were both incredibly touched by your post. We are so blessed to have friends like you and Marilene. We love you all so much. Little Craig is so beautiful, and we are so excited about your news about baby number two. Much love.