timeline

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

countdowns

Craig Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

SNOW!

{i know that i am behind. I am trying to catch up a little on my posts. life has been pretty crazy and just going by too quickly}

I love the song SNOW from the movie White Christmas! i was singing that song ALL day long on Wednesday and loving it!
So we got snow falling on monday, then again on wednesday! this morning, trevor said that it was snowing too. who would think in Las vegas?
On wednesday i had conferences with parents all day, but my fantastic sisters watched Craig, along with my mom, and they took him outside AND got pictures! how wonderful! so here are the pictures from them. They sure got some great pictures! i love that he pushed over the top of the little snowman! i had to include those.
Below, here are some of my pictures that i got while at school. I was so happy to have my camera. when i left school at 7:30, my car was covered! i couldn't leave until i had got a cup and wiped the snow off of the windows. never in my life have i had to do that! most of the cars had gotten home, so it was pretty safe for me to drive. i took it slow and down shifted to stop.
that is what a pine tree should look like! covered in snow!

* side note- my wonderful husband had just fixed my car the saturday before all of the snow madness, so i was lucky that i would actually start. before, if it got too cold, it wouldn't start and some anti-theft would kick in and i'd have to wait 10 minutes before trying to restart it. so i was very happy that i have a great husband.

on my way home that night, the snow was starting to melt a little, so when i got out to get some drinks, it was very mushy. . . but fun! there was snow stuck to the underside of the light posts! it was frozen hanging there! there roads were pretty clear where everyone had been driving, but i went to turn off of blue diamond at mohawk and it was scary my car trying to get into the turn lane! it was frozen and snow thick in it and i thought i might crash! luckily, i didn't and just took it slowly.


The next morning, there was still snow on the ground! some of it had melted, but it was still there! we had problems with our little truck on thursday, so craig got to spend some of that day out playing in the snow too and he loved it all! he didn't mind getting all wet, since we don't really have great snow playing clothes for him.

No comments: