timeline

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

countdowns

Craig Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary

Friday, January 9, 2009

Such a sad yet glorious experience

I feel a desire to also write about my love for some very special people in our lives. We were able to go to a beautiful and very spiritual funeral on Saturday for Baby Jack Alexander Johanson.

I had gone to only a handful of funerals that I actually knew the deceased. My paternal grandfather, a man in our ward and then a teenager in high school. However, this one is the most difficult I have ever gone to. I felt for the Johanson family so very much. I know that Jack is with Heavenly Father, but I know that this must be extremely difficult for Adam, Elizabeth and little Megan! I still don't know Adam and Elizabeth as much as others, but they have a little girl a little older than Craig. We were married about 6 months after them, had our first baby about 6 months after them.

Through Trevor, I was able to meet this wonderful family. and their entire family truly is wonderful! both the Johansons and Marshalls. I have spent time with a few of their various family members, all along with Adam, Elizabeth and Megan.

At the funeral, a beautiful and perfect song was sung for the occasion. I can't imagine the pain, but there were many pictures and even a recording of the sister singing the song and Elizabeth was able to post it all on her blog. I have cried many tears just reading and re-reading all the events starting from the labor for little Jack.

I am grateful for the strong testimonies that this wonderful family has. my testimony has been strengthened from this experience. I am so very grateful for the blessings that Heavenly Father has given me, that I have a healthy son and that I can cherish my time with him. I know that through our prayers, this family will be comforted. Heavenly Father is so very aware of each of us.


Adam gave Craig this pillow case. He came over Monday night and Trevor and he talked for a little while. This is a pillow case that the hospital gave to precious little Jack. Every time I have seen it, I am reminded of how precious our lives are and of the glorious plan of Happiness. I only hope to be able to see Jack one day in heaven and know that I am worthy to be in his presence along with our Father in Heaven.

No comments: