timeline

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

countdowns

Craig Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

went from flustered to peaceful

For some reason, i am always a bit flustered when going to work. and it is usually a bit more the first day of a week. I just am not sure if I have everything ready and usually i might be leaving later than i would have liked to.

Well, yesterday was one of those days. and since there was no school Monday, it was the first day back (even though i spent a good couple of hours at school on Monday). PLUS, i was upset about interest rates (6.6% with the HUGS program). luckily, Heavenly Father prompted me to listen to some good music and i found some hymns to listen (actually sing along with VERY loudly in my car... it was just me and passing strangers). I was so happy I did. by the time i got to school, i was a little calmer and ready to face the day. then, i got some maybe good news that they might continue to have part-time teachers next year! and that made me happy to think there was a chance.

Long story short- Heavenly Father blessed me yesterday and I wanted to make a note of it. I LOVE the beautiful hymns and music we have.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Music soothes the soul, for sure. Well, the right kind of music. I'm big on controlling what kind of music we listen to...especially in the mornings. It really can do a number on your emotions, in either direction. If a hard rock song comes on, & I don't turn it to something else pretty quickly, before I know it I am worked up & feeling agitated, which is a really bad way to start the day. If I have peaceful music on, with a great message, it ALWAYS has the opposite effect on me. I love that! :)

I hope the part time work works out for you for next year.

Peacu Family said...

Marilene,
Have you guy's heard about the new tax credit for new home buyers? Please check it out at http://www.kiplinger.com/columns/taxtips/archive/2008/tax1214.html. It looks like you can essentially get a $7500 interest free loan from the government.
Keep Singing Marilene. I had to sing the national anthem the other day when I walked past a flag as the sun was rising behind it. I even remembered the second or third? verse.

Abraham