timeline

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

countdowns

Craig Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary

Monday, February 2, 2009

baby news and all other sorts!

WARNING: very long info. feel free to skim! :P

I was able to go to the doctor last week and get an ultra sound done! it is actually real to me now! i saw the little baby's heart moving!! it was fluttering away! i love it! last time, with Craig, I ignored that i was actually pregnant and didn't get to a doctor and believe that i was actually pregnant until well, a while. (i was also trying to figure out how on earth i would pay for doctor's visits with no insurance and part time jobs while going to school) i was probably 3 months along maybe 4 by the time i saw the doctor. so this is all a little new! (got prego with Craig in march and saw the doctor late may, maybe June)

All is going! as far as the baby, i am one of the extremely lucky! i have not gotten sick at all! Trust me, I'm counting my blessings. It would be difficult with me being a first year teacher, and not supposed to take any time off, if i did get sick. so i keep taking vitamins and stay away from sick people... as much as possible surrounded by 30 sickly breathing little kinders :) But with Craig i got sick from food poisoning one time and that was all that i ended up being vomiting. so I'm praying that that is the same. Poor Trevor, he got sick already and he got sick last time too. he ends up being the one that feels the most crappy.

so all is well with the baby. Growth looks perfect and due September 13, 2009! now i get to tell my principal... seeing that she mentioned to me the other day, if they have to let go of a teacher, it will be me! I'm the last hired. yay. but we will see! We are just praying and having faith that things will work out. I keep praying that Trevor will magically get hired as an engineer as soon as he graduates and I won't have to work at all next year. but reality, I'm hoping my pay doesn't get cut so much that I'll have to work full time just to actually help at all with house payments, etc. (6% of $17,000 is quite a cut when 17,000 isn't much to start out with!)

Trevor is very busy! he got sick last week, we are thinking it was food poisoning because Craig and I never really got sick. But, Trevor is doing good and just busy! he got called to be the gospel principles teacher in our ward, along with ward missionary. too bad for me, i am in nursery helping out that I've only seen him teach once. but I'm very proud of him! gosh i love that man. He's still doing basketball, but with getting sick, we missed last week's game. But he enjoys being a little more active and it's helping us all out.

HOUSE- we went in and signed the kajillion papers on Friday night and are hoping to hear today that the sellers signed everything and got them back and that we get keys tonight. We are hoping. but we will see. things keep getting pushed back on us. then starts the mad rush to get things done and moved in! we are hoping to paint before things are moved in, but we will see. depends on when we get keys.

Craig is doing good. Since we are still sharing a room with him, he wakes up in the middle of the night and wants to sleep with us. well, sometimes that's ok, but other times, he rolls around kicking us and making us sleep horribly! Last week, he started screaming every morning around 4 and would not stop unless in bed with us!! after almost of hour of fighting with him, and trying everything (going in other room, reading books, singing songs, i got cold and took him in bed with me. the next night, Trevor set up his play pen and the portable heater in the kitchen and had him sleep in there. so he woke up hollering in there, but we did get a little more sleep and he stopped crying sooner. the next night was a little better and last night and the night before that, he didn't wake us up at all! so yay to Trevor for coming up with the idea!! when we move, Craig will be in his own room, so we hope this will also help with that transition!

School is crazy!! my class is still quite the handful! and i was feeling very overwhelmed. this trimester, we just have SO much to teach. but I'm praying about it and trying to get help from the other 3 kinder teachers. and we will see. i have a couple parents coming in to help (HALLELUJAH!!!) and so I'm trying to have them when possible get started testing these kids! in first and other grades, it's much easier to get grades because you simply give them assignments or give tests and get grades that way. but kinder has more skill grades. and most of it has to be one-on-one testing! and well, with 30 kids and no time to do it in, that is a lot to ask!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

STINK! Marilene! we are still here... we're hoping to leave by noon, but no doubt, you're in school now! I'm so sad we missed you guys! We'll be down again and we'll have to get together!

Chrissy said...

Hopefully things will work out with the house and you guys get in soon! Sleeping with kids is fun every now and then, but not on a nightly basis!! It is all going to be better soon!!