timeline

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

countdowns

Craig Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary

Monday, April 6, 2009

Random Happenings!

Craig is growing up so much. He is talking more and more each day and just learning so much. Recently, he has been in love with stuffed animals. Instead of begging for a balloon at the store, now it's a dog, or a bear. I'm working on not spoiling him as much, but it's so hard for me to resist.

So, he has these doggies and Trevor will pretend that the doggie is licking him all over. well, Craig does it to himself now! It is hilarious! I hope to be able to catch it on video. But he holds the doggie and just laughing because the doggie is 'licking' him.

Tonight at dinner, Craig repeated some of what Trevor helped him say for the prayer. We have been trying to have him help pray, and about 6-8 months ago, he was saying some things with us, but then he stopped. It was so wonderful to hear him repeat things that his Daddy said while speaking to or Heavenly Father.

We are working a little with letters. We often will count while putting things away or just say the letters, but Craig only helps say a few. He has started to say that the foam shapes in the bath tub are letters, mostly A. And they are not only a. Some are letters and some are even numbers. But at least he’s starting to be interested. Not worried. He will get it.

Craig has been enjoying being a little less clothed recently! After changing his diaper, he’ll get up and I don’t want to fight him, so he runs around for a little while without pants on. Another day, he went without a shirt for a little bit. Then, Saturday morning, he woke up around 6:30 and I was still out of it, so I took him down stairs and let him watch cartoons for a little bit. When Trevor came down and was awake finally, Craig had taken off his FEETY pajamas! He put his little potty seat on the toilet and I think he wanted to go potty, but we caught him before he took his diaper off.


Trevor’s parents gave us some of his old stuff and in that stuff, were some of Trevor’s old toys!! Trevor has allowed Craig to play with them and he loves them!! There are like three different types in one box, but he loves them all! One set is a fun little train track! They have big puzzle like connectors and he can easily put them together. And of course he LOVES the train! He hooks the cars of the train together and puts them under the tunnel. Then, there are the more difficult ones that can make a truck, bus, or other fun little vehicle and has more complicated connections. HE loves to pull them out, put them back away, and sit with them. In all, he just LOVES them. Pretty much like Trevor does. (yes, he still does)

Trevor's test is coming up soon and he is stressing a little. He also has a lot going on with his last class and getting his project done with his group.

I still haven't heard back about my test, or from any schools. But, I feel somewhat calm! We had three wonderful people come in and help in our room at school and they helped me get just about ALL of my testing done for the report card grades. I feel relief. I know that was such a blessing!!

With all of the craziness with the school district, people have been asking me what I am planning on doing for next year. And I don't know. I'm praying and trusting that something will work out. However, I'm also doing my part. I stayed late Friday trying to make sure that the schools that do have a half-time position open at least have my info. Then, I have been thinking a little ad talking numbers with Trevor about if I did a little school at our house, or even an all day- daycare. But we just don't know if anyone would even be interested or willing to pay as much money as I would need in order to allow me to stay at home. PLUS, I will be having a baby in September and if I’m still with county, I have short term disability for maternity leave. Otherwise, I am out of money and that causes problems with bills!

I got flowers at the store the other day and Craig helped me organize them and wanted to carry them around! The small ones that were too little, he even wanted to take to Grandma Kady’s (mainly I was helping him be excited about leaving and get into the car. He doesn’t mind going to grandmas, in fact, most days he loves it; but sometimes, it’s a matter of getting into the car). Trevor mentioned that I got flowers to match our paint colors!! Ha ha ha on me! But I really do like yellow and red together I guess. They have made me feel cheerier.

Conference was wonderful! We missed the second session on Saturday, but have it recorded. But wow! There were some wonderful pieces of treasure for us. We had stake conference a little bit ago and that also had some wonderful speakers. It was a broadcast to Nevada. I wanted to mention that during our stake conference, one of the speakers mentioned that children are learning so much between the ages of 3-8 years old! And that at 3 years old, children are the most receptive! That really hit me. It helped me remember that children really do learn so much at a young age and that science can back up the church and that 8 is a good age and is correct to be the age of accountability. I loved hearing that!! I need to work to help Craig better learn, both academically and in the gospel.

During first session on Saturday, Trevor got out the laptop and showed Craig how to draw an art on the computer! He loved it!

Between conference sessions on Saturday, we went to the park and blew bubbles, kicked a ball and just had fun! It was a little cold at first, but with running around, we warmed up a little! It was so nice! We even saw a ladybug!!

Blessings!! We finally got a microwave from some wonderful people in our ward that moved to a house that already had a microwave! Plus, another wonderful person in our ward was giving away stuff to DI and let us come over real quick to see if we wanted any of it first. We ended up getting a couple of chairs for a dining table, some pics, Craig a toy and two COUCHES!!!! People are so wonderful to think of us!

No comments: