timeline

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

countdowns

Craig Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Uggh!

I wrote about all the fun times going on, now it's time to complain a little.
This is just a lot of complaining, to get it out. Feel free to skip this all.

Ugggh! My plan for this summer has been that I will be substituting around and trying to make contact with principals, getting to know the school and teachers at the school I will hopefully be hired at.

There is a kindergarten teacher at the school I have been at this past year (for practicum and student teaching, Marion Earl) that is resigning. I love kindergarten, so I asked the principal if I could fill the vacancy as a substitute. Plus, it's a higher pay, $110 vs $90 a day. At first, she said June 2 would be her last day. Then, she told me she is closing on her house the week of June 16. Today, I found out she keeps pushing it off until probably July. I thought Oh Great! More time at home with Craig. :)

only... Trevor can only have a certain amount of total hours per year (July 1- June 30) and he is going to be not working probably the last week of June. uh-oh.

DO NOT continue if you are a teacher and will hate me! I'm just upset!

To make the matter worse, just wait. I've been subbing for the teacher I took her class over in student teaching. Fun. It's good to see all the kids again. About once a week :) She wanted me for June 25, but it didn't work for her to put me in the computer for the job.

I thought that was weird and so called to see why today. Only to find out I cannot even substitute AT ALL after June 23!! WHAT???? How come no one ever bothers to mention this? They think that since there are only like 70 year round schools in LV, the first dibs for substituting should be to those teachers with contracts who taught already. WHAT?? Those teachers are still getting paid during the summer. Substituting is my only job!! AAH! What the heck am I supposed to do? Just find another job from now until August when school starts??? I started subbing in October, to only stop in the middle of January (no choice with student teaching). and now, they are kicking me out again because it is summer.

I hate the dumb system! I just went 5 months without a job so that I can graduate (of course they couldn't pay me to sub when the teacher was going to pay a sub anyway. Instead, they payed another person to sit on their butts all day long while I had to teach the class. ALL the time, PAYING to be able to get this opportunity to learn to teach and be a better teacher).

Now, i am working again for one month and I find out by ME CALLING THEM, that i can't work for the summer. No one ever bothers to tell us, not at orientation, or in the handbook. UGGGH!

The principal at Marion Earl might be able to request me to be the substitute, but since the silly kindergarten teacher can't decide when she will ever quit, who knows if they could even request me.

The end result of this whole complaint, I don't have a job for this summer, I don't have a job (yet, they need teachers so bad, I will get a job) for next year and uggh.
o-well. I know that things will work out, i just need to be patient and I know the Lord will help things work out. But for now, it is very frustrating.

But I feel a little better already. Good thing I can just write on this blog.

Have a great day! Tomorrow is Friday! YAY!

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

I haven't looked at your blog in the last couple of days. I have to say that it is nice to know that I am not the only one who has to complain. i gotta say that I love it though because no one can say JACK about me saying what I want on my own personal blog! HEHE cute layout by the way I think I might steal a couple of idea's. Hey how do we get the rest of the family to start blogging? I need to see my family more! I love you guys so much.