timeline

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

countdowns

Craig Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary

Thursday, October 9, 2008

update

Some good news and some ok news! the short result is: . . . . . . I am staying at the school I am at, with the half day kindergarten. i will still be subbing for maternity leave until about the end of November. the long story is below.

I had an interview with an elementary school across town at Charleston and I-95. It went wonderful, i loved the principal and assistant principal. it would be a full time job, one kindergarten class all day. However, I didn't feel good about it. i would be gone practically all day everyday, except on track breaks, which that class already went on.

Craig has been having a hard time when we leave. I've mentioned it before, but it is not getting much better. he's ok usually when he stays with Grandma Kady, because it is still the same house and she cuddles him a lot. and we haven't been over to Aunt Nene's recently, but i think he cries a little there too. but the hardest thing for me, is when I pull up to a good friend's house, Jade, he starts crying and does not want to get out of the car even! Then he hollers and cries very loudly when i leave. eventually he does get settled down and play, but when i come pick him up, he wants to cuddle and leave right away.

Because of that, I took the half-day job with the school I am at. I feel really good about it and i think it will help me be better at home and at work.

I have been leaving him his entire life. I had school classes, i had my practicum and then my student teaching and he was always fine. Every once in a while, he would cry, but he would be fine in a little while. now, he is always very sad when we leave. I now I need to work on attachment because that is the issue. but i really feel that this will help. I prayed really hard about this and i feel that for our entire family, it will be better if i take the job that I am at already.

On to the ok news! I already have a substitute license and I had to add an endorsement that would allow me to teach. well, i did it in August, but i called them and they said it would take 16 weeks to get it back to me!!!! AAHHH! are you kidding me! so i was supposed to keep my receipt, but all it was was my cashier's check receipt and no one told me to keep it in order to get hired. hopefully, the principal can call and make sure that things are going on and they will hire me anyway. if not, I can't get hired until DECEMBER, but would just be subbing until then. so, we will see what happens, but at least I know what school i will be at and I know my class, the handful of kids, but they are mine!

4 comments:

Christene said...

Good for you Marilene. I know how hard it is to juggle work and family and desperately want to do the best for your son. You're doing the right thing by taking it to the Lord and following His promptings even when the reasoning is unclear. Things will work out. We love you!!

Brittany said...

Congratulations on the job!

Prudy said...

Oh this post really brings me back to my teaching days-especially the line about your own handful class. Kudos to you for managing all of your responsibilities at home and at school. I haven't taught elementary in a few years and I always feel scared to go back and manage everything-so you're my hero!
Thanks so much about the kind comment about skin tones. It made me smile. My skin is olive, it's true-but it seems to come out sooooo olive on the camera. I'm almost embarassed to post it sometimes. I don't want anyone to think I tan in a booth-I really don't!
I love your new header by the way!

Marcie said...

I'm so happy for you and your decision- it sounds like everything will work out! I love seeing pictures of your cute family and hearing about your teaching experiences. I am currently at an elementary school for one month and it's really fun to learn from an excellent 3rd grade teacher. I wish I could come observe you in your classroom- I'm sure you're great! I hope all is well with you and your family in Vegas!