timeline

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

countdowns

Craig Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary

Monday, July 7, 2008

Family Reunion Thursday and Friday

This entry is more like a journal entry. So feel free to read it briefly.





These are from Friday afternoon. Posted by Picasa



My dad's family had our annual reunion up in Rexburg, Idaho this last weekend. It was really nice up there. We missed a lot of our family. Usually we always have the reunion up at the ranch, my Grandmother's house. However, Grandma Pearson and my Grandpa grew up in Rexburg, my dad was born there. We have a lot of family history up there. So we wanted to hear some of my grandma's stories while she's still here.

Fireworks Friday night.




Trevor, Craig and I went up on Thursday. Craig did really well on both of the drives! We only stopped 3 times ont he way up. We left at 7:30 and got there at 6:30 pm our time. horrible traffic near Salt Lake. The trip back took longer. We left at 9:00 and got here at 8:30. even longer. there was a bad accident near salt lake and we were at a dead stop for several minutes.

We thought we left our camera at home so we only had a video camera for Friday. My mom nicely loaned us hers, and I made sure to take lots of pictures. When we were unloading our car back at home, we found it in a compartment between the front seats. silly us, but at least we still had some pictures! Thank you Mom!

On Friday, we had some time to ourselves and enjoyed a drive thru park nearby. It was great! It had deer, bison/buffalo!, huge elk, a moose and many many bears (grizzly and black). It also had a fun petting zoo. It was a closed off area and there were chickens, pigs, ducks, mama deer and a couple fawns. it was so fun! The animals were just free to run around and we could carefully pet them. Abraham, Enoch, me and all of our families went there. Also, We ran into Aunt Lacie and her family there. It sure was fun.




For the drive thru, we couldn't go over 5 mph, so we decided Craig could sit up front with us for a better view. he liked to sit with trevor and pretend he was driving. However, he loves to pretend to honk and since there were bears surrounding us, we were not allowed to honk. So we abruptly stopped him from honking.

They even had a moose running around inside the gift shop!



Then, later that day, we met up with all of the family up there and we saw some things that Grandma And Grandpa Pearson helped build. We drove about 45 minutes west of Rexburg and saw a place where my dad lived for a part of his life. We saw some pipelines that Grandpa Pearson put in. We all got to go for a big bus ride. It was interesting. It was just hard to understand what we were seeing because no one was really guiding us.



HILARIOUS! Everytime my neice (Abraham's daughter) was near and someone was taking a picture, she would run over and get in it! It was so funny and adorable! I loved it! She is a very photographable little girl. I can't wait to continue watching this beautiful, precious daughter of God grow up.




These are progressions of pictures. Usually I'd start taking a picture with Craig in it and she seemed to run over and be in the picture. In the very last picture, bottom right, she was tromping over being a monster. A very cute, not scary monster. She's so fun!

Then, we all went over to my Dad's Aunt Verla's house and had a small fire, dinner and enjoyed relaxing and watching and putting off some fireworks. David (my mom's sister, Lacie's son) and Trevor and I brought some big fireworks and regular fireworks and we had fun watching all of those.

However, I got about 15 mosquito bites! Annie even gave me some bug spray, but i guess it didn't help that much! I should have used more. They were bugging me the entire trip until Monday.

I will try and get some updates of Saturday's activities too.




These are from everything on the trip.

1 comment:

Christene said...

Looks SO fun to be with the whole family! Hope you guys had a blast!